Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My New Look



This is what tired looks like. This is what's left on the living room floor after spending an evening with my friend, Jane, who is graciously hosting my entire family for two weeks. Yes, two weeks. She's a generous soul, my friend.


I'm rethinking the whole proposition now, since Jane took me out walking last night. It's true that we only walked. And it's true that our pace was very moderate. But it's also true that the most exercise I've had for the past 6 months is looking at the elliptical machine my sister-in-law is storing at my house. So I am tired. And sore. Not only from the walk, but from carrying my baby up and down hundreds of flights of stairs at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House yesterday.


I soaked my legs in a hot bath for as long as I could last night, but didn't make it very long as I was in danger of falling asleep and drowning. Did I mention we walked for and hour and a half! I was shocked. And I am insisting that our route was three miles, but Jane says it's not. We will measure it today and I hope I'm right. We're planning to do this every night (mostly) in preparation for a 5K run/walk on my final day here in Utah. The Lavender Festival is supposed to be very pretty and fun for the whole family. I don't know how much fun that 5K will be for me, but at least I'll be able to cross #21 off my list. And let's hope that all this exercise contributes to a new look for my body.

7 comments:

jeanna eggers said...

walking can wear you out more than you think. Good job on exercising. You will be so proud of yourself at the end of your 5K. Hope you're having fun in Utah.

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Thinking about the asparagus last night -- we should have a meal to recreate our first dinner together! I think it was Italian-seasoned chicken in the crockpot over rice (my first taste of the good rice!). And asparagus! And I had Tom buy rootbeer, bec. this was before I realized you didn't like it. ;P

Rebecca Irvine said...

Good luck on your 5k--I want to do one myself, but am thinking it will have to wait for cooler weather. Turkey trot maybe??

Candice said...

arent' you impressed! I'm actually reading your blog! Good job on all that walking! The weather must be nice there! I just went outside at 8:30 pm and I think it's still over 100 degrees! I like the picture of you and the boys in front of the Temple. Enjoy Utahrd, we sure miss you!

Millie said...

As a Latter Day Saint myself I wish I could of been there. What a treat. I hope you feet are better today.

Charlotte said...

Good job on the exercising! I hear it gets easier over time, but have no actual experience to back that up.

Susan said...

We passed the lavender fields on our way home yesterday. They're gorgeous. I snickered when I saw the sign for the 5K - I'm glad I got out of Dodge in time :) You guys will do great, though.

I kept wishing I hadn't taken my stroller through the temple, but I guess it saved my arms. Just think of all that muscle you're building!