Saturday, May 5, 2012

Need Some Happiness

This afternoon I will attend the funeral of a sweet 4 year old boy from my ward. It has been an emotional and unhappy week for me and I didn't even know him well. I can not comprehend what his parents are going through, despite my own having done it. I don't think I have ever seen this boy's mother without a smile on her face, and I don't want to see it gone now. The family has sent out some messages thanking everyone for their love and concern and has talked about temples, eternal families, and Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness for us. It gives me hope.

In case you are in need of a little happiness today too, here is a darling video I ran across this week.

4 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

I will be thinking of that sweet family. So sad.

(and I'll show that video to the girls)

Katie said...

Wasn't the funeral service amazing? Amy is so strong, I want so badly to be more like her.

Laura said...

Reading your post again I understand what you were saying. I too have lost a sibling. Knowing the plan makes times like these full of hope.

Steph said...

I'm so sorry, that is awful. Of course my heart goes out to the family.

The smile will come back someday. There is hope in the gospel. But it is so hard for a long time.