Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nesting

Before

We are planning to put all three boys (Alden, Emmett, & new baby) in the same room eventually, hopefully in the next 6 months. And after dealing with this closet mess for the past year+, I realized there wouldn't be any room for another person's clothing and stuff. So I decided we needed to redo the structure and add a closet organizer. I couldn't really find one I liked that was reasonable priced, so I decided to do it myself. Well, I decided to design it and asked my dad to implement the design.

Somehow I forget how well my Dad and I work together, and after a frustrating (for both of us) look at the plans and a trip to Home Depot, I decided to do it myself. Who cares that I am 8 months pregnant; I am a handy woman! So over the course of a week and a half I got it done. Aaron watched the boys a lot on both Saturdays, and I worked on it when I could during the week, with loads of help from my 2 monkeys.


After


Obviously I haven't finished organizing & decluttering yet, but there is way more space for the junk now! Notice the double shelves up above, the double rods, and the shelving tucked on the sides. This will eventually hold little shoe dividers. Which can wait until after the baby comes. And I will paint any non-white showing parts then too. As far as I'm concerned, check this project off the "To Do Before the Baby Comes 2008" list. Yes, I have had one of these lists for each of the babies. And yes, I actually accomplish most of the stuff on the list. Not sure if I'll get to finishing my 72 hour kit this time, but am determined to catch up on my photo albums, which I've already made a good start on. Incidentally, I'm estimating this project cost me $75-ish, which is way cheaper than those predone organizers and it's exactly how I want it.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, Tara, you are a handy woman! I'm impressed. It looks great.

Cire said...

Wow - you can come do Susan's "honey do list" she has for me and I'll watch the boys . . .

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

it looks so ... so sturdy. i am super impressed. i bet the monkeys could swing from those rods and they'd still be fine!

Marcy said...

Just checking in and love the closet organization. I am going to learn how to be a handy woman someday--sometimes it's just not worth waiting for the hubby to get around to it when he doesn't care about it as much as you do!