Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Can You Wear Stilettos?

Sometimes advertising really works. I'll be the first to freely admit I am often taken with a television or magazine ad for a new beauty product. Last week I saw a tv commercial for Maybelline's new Lash Stiletto™ Ultimate Length Washable Mascara. I loved the 40s glamour girl vibe, and I love the branding of calling this mascara stilettos for the eyes. Even though I can't wear heels for very long, I love what a tall pair of stilettos does for my legs. And now my lashes can look just as good. I picked up a new tube at the grocery store, on sale for about $6.



Maybelline's website says the Pro-Vitamin B-5 formula conditions and smoothes for black-patent shine. And there really is something patent-leather-like about this mascara. It seems thinner, blacker, and glossier than others I've tried. My lashes really do look a little shinier, like patent leather. Stilettos, of course. All I know is my lashes have never looked longer. I look exactly like this model! Almost.



I've been using that XXL mascara, the kind with the dual wand - the white one to plump and lengthen, and black one for actual mascara. It's been a regular in my makeup bag for a couple years, and it turns out Maybelline makes it too. I really like the new Lash Stiletto, but the XXL does a better job at fuller lashes. I'm keeping them both. Hmm, maybe I should check out some of Maybelline's other products.


My tip for each of you (if you are a woman above the age of 14) is to head out and buy a tube of Maybelline Lash Stiletto™ Ultimate Length Washable Mascara from your local grocery or drug store. For other great tips check out Works For Me Wednesday.

11 comments:

MediMonsters said...

Thanks for the review. Will definitely try some.

Anonymous said...

I just started using the XXL and like it. AND I've been wondering about the Stilettos. I'll have to check it out when I run out of the XXL. Thanks for the post :-) Mine is makeup related this week, too.

Rebecca Irvine said...

Good info to know!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I always worry about trying new mascara, because I hate buying it and having it not be a good one. This might help! Also, I have benefits 'bad girl' mascara, and that rocks!

Upstatemamma said...

Looks great!

Megan said...

If you buy it at Walgreens and don't like it, they'll take it back.

Thanks for the info on the mascara. It's been tempting me. LOL! :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I loved the Mary Kay mascara so I bought a dozen of them so I wouldn't run out for awhile. I could never find a mascara that I liked of the shelf. I love recommendations!

Come by and see me today
Kristin
The Goat

Sarah said...

I wondered if it was any good. Might have to try it.

* Nancy * said...

Thanks for the review...you convinced me into trying it!

Anonymous said...

Indeed, good review... you should be well compensated

Candice said...

So exactly what does tall high heels do for your legs? I'm just curious. Want to know what it does for me? #1 the pain and discomfort put me in such a bad mood that I don't even want to be around myself #2 the pain and discomfort lasts days after I've taken the shoes off. #3 the pain and discomfort memory lasts a very long time.....long enough for me never to put on another pair of heels. #4 not to mention the fact that I look like a goosling trying to learn how to walk when I wear heels. It's quite comical!