Friday, March 13, 2009

Me & Famous People



I had a great time a couple nights ago at The Poisoned Pen Bookstore, in Scottsdale, AZ. I met a the author, Joanne Fluke, whom I've written about before. She talked about her Hannah Swensen series, and about her writing, and signed copies of her new book, Cream Puff Murder. I am amazed at Jo's prolific publishing schedule - she's putting out more than a book a year in this popular culinary mystery series. The recipes are as loved as the books and her publishers have finally agreed to a cookbook next year featuring all the recipes (from 12 books or so) and some new never-before-seen dishes and treats.


Thanks to my friend, Susan, from Bloggin' 'Bout Books for going with me. I invited her only a couple hours beforehand and was so glad she could rearrange her schedule. It was much more fun with a friend.


Pick up Cream Puff Murder at your local library, bookstore or favorite online retailer. I can't wait to try out more recipes. The Poisoned Pen even served homemade goodies, recipes from Jo's new book. The brownies were particularly good, and Jo told me you use any brownie mix you want, and just put flat candy bars in the middle of the filling. The piece I had contained a middle of rice crispies, obviously a Nestle Crunch bar. Very tasty & easy.

2 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

What fun! Her books sound fun to read too.

Susan said...

Thanks for inviting me, Tara - I had fun! I'm going to buy some pudding today so I can try Fluke's Cream Puff recipe. They sound SO good.