Monday, April 6, 2009

Bzz Reports

I belong to a website called BzzAgent. You can sign up for free to be an agent in different marketing campaigns. You get samples of products, or other services, and are then asked to share your honest opinion with people you know and then submit reports to the website. I joined recently at the invitation of a friend, and have been enjoying it. I have only participated in two campaigns so far, but have been meaning to post about them. I look forward to more in the future!



Chili's now has a section on their menu called the Guiltless Grill. They sent me 4 vouchers for free entrees from their offerings of 6 items. My husband and I used these vouchers on 2 great dates (staying within our budget) and we were impressed by the food. Honestly, we would never go to dinner at Chili's - we like to think of ourselves as wannabe restaurant critics, but both of us have eaten there plenty of times over the years, mostly for lunch.


The carne asada steak, which my sweetie ordered both times, was a very excellent entree. The seasoning was perfect, there was a great pico de gallo on top, and the meat was tender and cooked perfectly to order. I ordered the honey mustard glazed salmon on our first trip and thought it was great. He thought the glaze was a little overpowering, but I liked it. The fish was moist and flavorful. Next time I ordered cedar plank tilapia. It was okay. The fish was cooked well, but the seasoning was pretty bland. Also, it was served on the cedar planked it was cooked on and it was really hard to eat. All our entrees were accompanied by steamed broccoli, topped with fresh parmesan cheese. Tasty & healthy!


Here's our final take: the portions are much smaller than you are used to, but appropriate for a guiltless meal. It's all about portion control, right? I was certainly not left feeling hungry. The prices range from about $8 to around $14 for the steak. And we recommend the steak. I don't think we would go to Chili's just for their Guiltless Grill - but will order from the GG menu the next time we are there.




My other campaign was for Palmolive pure + clear dish soap. A box arrived for me containing a full size bottle of soap and ten cute little samples, with 10 bottle-shaped coupons for $1 off. Now let me tell you - I haven't thought much about the dish soap I buy. I get it in bulk at Costco or Sam's Club and generally I like the ones that smell like apple or orange. I couldn't even tell you what brand it was. I looked & turns out it was Palmolive too.


After using an entire bottle of pure + clear, I am planning to stick with it for a while. The smell was divine, but with a lighter fragrance than most dish soaps. And the bottle is simple and well-designed. The label is plastic rather than paper, so it doesn't get all gummy and gross when you use it around water (duh!). Right now I have the pure + clear bottle refilled with the last of my old, bulk soap. And I will pick up some pure + clear at the store in the next few weeks.


Here's the real point of pure + clear - the part that many people will care about (much more than I do). It's made with less chemicals, non-irritating dyes, and no heavy fragrances. The cleaning ingredients are biodegradable, and the formula is touted as hypoallergenic. Even the bottles is made of 25-75% post-consumer recycled plastic. It's made in America and is even certified Kosher (I thought that was just for food). So, if you purchase products that are friendly to the earth and easy on your skin and body - try Palmolive pure + clear. I'll even send you on of my leftover samples & coupons if you e-mail me!

4 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

I signed up to be a Bzz Agent a while back. But the first one they gave me was teeth whitener strips. Not my style of product... I have not signed up for other campaigns since then. I do, however, like the Guiltless Grill menu at Chili's. As a Weight Watcher's member the GG enables me to eat out and not panic about overeating. Love that feeling.

Shauna said...

I'm glad you are enjoying bzzagent! I miss the Palmolive campaign - I love some samples/coupons if you still have them.

Shauna said...

that should have said 'missed'.

Aaron said...

Cooks illustrated did a review of Dish Detergents too: (http://www.cooksillustrated.com/equipment/overview.asp?docid=10694&Extcode=L9DN1AA00)