Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Top Seven Idol Fasions (Take 2)

Remember, for other American Idol recaps check out Boo Mama. And Big Mama always puts together a lovely Fashion Friday post. As always, Dayton Daily News is da bomb with the photos.

Lil Rounds - Lil is wearing a black one-piece jumpsuit. I am going to refrain from saying anything about her booty. Her hair and makeup is great and from the waist up she looks amazing! Her decolletage is very nice, and she has a very slim middle. The bottom half is okay, the bell bottoms & black shoes make for a clean line. Still trying not to talk about her booty - it's the elephant in the room. Literally.




Kris Allen - Kris rocks the classic white tee look. The grey chinos are casual, but have a very different feeling than jeans. I think he's wearing white tennis shoes or something. This look is simple & great for Kris, but certainly not very interesting for disco night. He seems a little scared to take wardrobe risks, but I guess he leaves that for the music.




Danny Gokey - I'm glad to see him wearing his glasses again, and sporting the facial hair. And wearing jeans. Some things just work and you should stick with them. The black jacket is super cool, although I wish I could see the details a little better; ie wear a different colored shirt underneath. Danny continues to be on the mark fashion-wise.




Allison Iraheta - Wow. She is wearing skin tight pleather with a shiny apron type thing on the front. It's weird, but suprisingly flattering for her figures. I love the shoes and the jacket, but am a bit skeptical of the middle parts. She is amazing to dance around on those 5 inch heels. I am glad that she stays true to her fashion look every week, even when she gets negative feedback. (I'm sure she totally reads my blog & I hope I'm not too negative.)




Adam Lambert - Oh, he looks great. I'm glad he went with a little more formal look; the hair takes us back on it's own. He looks great in a suit, even a shiny one that I'm sure was very expensive. He keeps those Adam touches though, like the earrings. And did you see that ring? I am glad that he wore a white shirt and properly fastened tie, you don't see that much on Idol.




Matt Giraud - The fedora is back! Love this look on Matt. It's perfect for disco night, but is what he always looks good in. That jacket is great: an interesting color, soft leather, and a good cut. And I think the jeans and sneaks keep it just casual and cool enough. I'm gonna miss his fashion looks (love him but he's just not as good as others).




Anoop Desai - He looks so good with facial hair! He suddenly looks so cool thanks to that & the hairstyle. I kind of like Anoop's look the best week to week, although it's not my favorite look tonight. But the preppy Kanye West thing looks really good on him. I like the suit, and I'm glad he keeps the pink going. The tie & sweater are great, and he keeps it casual with the shoes & the untucked look.




I've been finding some other great spots online that feature American Idol fashions. I think I'll add one every week. Check out the official Idol site. The weekly fashion spot is written by the actual stylist, Miles Siggins. There is a blurb on each contestant for each week, though they do run a couple weeks behind.

5 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

I was worried about Allison in those shoes. Glad she didn't fall down the steps though.

I can't find my blog said...

Ooh! I didn't know that the stylist wrote on the Idol site. I have issues with him so I'm going to go check it out. (Sometimes the clothes are weird!!!)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I must not be very observant. I didn't notice Anoop's pink shirt, Adams ring or the entire outfit that Allison wore. Good thing I have you!

makeetis said...

I had to laugh when I read that about Lil Rounds. I told my husband every week that she is built so good except her booty don't fit her. I had to tell him about you talking about the elephant. I am so glad I am not the only one who thought that.

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

The APRON!!! Yes, that's exactly what I thought when I saw Allison's outfit.