Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blank Slate

One of the best things about moving into a new house is the opportunity to start fresh with your decorating scheme. You can try a new color, furniture piece, or a completely different design aesthetic. Naturally budget is the big limiter here, along with agreement between spouses. We're putting most of our cash into buying the house, leaving just a teeny bit for changes to the interior. I'm finding that I think about it all the time, devouring books, blogs & magazines for ideas and when Aaron comes home from work, I innundate him with non-stop talking about what I want to do to each of the rooms in our new house. I'm pretty sure he's sick of it all. But not enough to give in to all my choices. I'll keep working on it.


Here are the before pictures of our new home:

The front entry (the open front door is on the right in this picture) and the "formal" living and dining room, which are to your left as you walk in




The kitchen & family room, which are really one big room and are all painted the same green color right now. The kitchen picture is a much better representation of color.




My middle son's room, which will be the only one getting a new paint job before we move in. 'Cause at our house "Boys Rule!" not girls.





We'll save pictures of the other rooms for later.


Moving update: we are still waiting on various paperwork today and I really hope we can have keys by Friday so we can quickly get carpet installed and move in on Saturday. But there's a chance that might not happen. Please keep your fingers crossed for us! And if you're local, let me know if you (or your husband) are available to help us move during the week. Because we might

be left with no other option.

5 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

It looks so beautiful! I hope you are able to get your keys on Friday. How far away are you moving?

Steph said...

Very nice! Huge kitchen, and the nook in the boys' room is super cool. Good luck with the move!

Susan said...

How fun! It looks really nice. I wish we could help you out, but the next week and a half are going to be crazy for us (sealing, baptism, surgery, etc.). We'd love to come see it when you get all settled.

Elaine said...

So cool!

Don't forget to enter to win a tankini of your choice!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Hi Tara! Thanks for coming to visit! Hey, you need help decorating that blank slate, I am the GIRL FOR YOU! Lemme know! I love to do stuff like that!

Oh, and so glad you entered my contest, but sorry you didn't win. :( I can make it up to you by earning you LOTS of free stuff at a Pampered Chef party in your new house! Sound like a good idea? (my last hostess got $190 bucks of free stuff. Serious) I hope so, because I DESPERATELY need to bust out of my NEIGHBORHOOD! E-mail me if you are game!

Lindseyscooking@hotmail.com

thanks sooooooooooo much!

Keep readin'!