Wednesday, March 5, 2008

American Idols Neck-in-Neck (updated for WWMW)

I am updating a post I wrote last week to pose a question:
What is up with the scarves on American Idol?
As I am watching the girls perform right now, I am using my TiVo to check back on all those sporting scarves. This observation is in addition to my previous post, below. Amanda Overmeyer is the only girl wearing a scarf tonight - and I really like the metallic sheen. But I paused on a shot of the boys from the beginning and counted FOUR out of eight sporting neckwear, and I don't mean ties. Even the young David Archuleta is wearing a black scarf, in addition to David Cook (same as picture below), Jason Castro (wooly scarf to match the dreds) and David Hernandez (intricately tied with a tee shirt). Not saying I hate this trend - just seems weird to me. Anyone else?

To answer more hard questions, check out Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer.


Apparently the big trend for this winter was scarves. I saw tons of cute ones while doing my Christmas shopping and even bought a few as gifts - unfortunately winter weather is over here in Arizona. But why should I care - on American Idol they sport their outerwear indoors! I'm not saying they don't look good (and I'm not saying they do) but does this seem a little strange to anyone else too? And they don't just wrap them around their necks; sometimes it involves intricate tying, wrapping, and/or strangling.

3 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

great, clever title!

maybe the person in the bottom right picture is trying to not spread germs?

Lindsay said...

i think you're onto something tara. it's almost as strange as simon's attempt to popularize what I like to call the "single antler pose." if you watched the last couple of episodes, you know exactly what i'm talking about. i still love idol. go big, brooke white!

Teri said...

I have my American Idol opinion on my blog! Check it out!
pennstateprincess.blogspot.com