Monday, May 7, 2007

Pedicure on the Cheap

Tara thinks...
every woman should be able to get manicures and pedicures weekly, or at least monthly. This is way far from reality for me but I do splurge on a pedicure once or twice a year. I wanted to get one on my vacation to Utah but it never happened. And my fingernails have been super awful lately. But now that I'm back home I vowed to find a few minutes to do something about the fact that I can hardly get myself or the boys dressed without snagging the clothes with my raggedy nails. A bunch of trimming and filing makes a huge difference, but the crowning glory is...
Sally Hansen Natural Shine Instant Nail Finish in pink.
I read a funny editor's review of this in Lucky and couldn't wait to try it myself. I can't keep polish on my fingernails for more than 2 hours so this is the perfect product for me. It's easy to apply, dries in seconds, and doesn't chip - just kind of fades off in about a week. It comes in neutral and pink, which I recommend because even then you can't see much color. You just get great shiny nails that look all polished and buffed!
Stay tuned for my much anticipated post on the merits of tinted lip balm and the like. If I hear one word from my more high-brow friends (you know who you are) making fun of my love of beauty products, I swear I'll make you go shopping with me soon. Not everyone can fill their blog with discussions of current events, controversial subjects, and spiritual enlightenment. Some of us are just here for fun!

5 comments:

shannon said...

yea! girls just wanna have fu-un!

hey, Marcy has a post about chaptstick today. i told her we're waiting on your definitive treatise on lip glass (sorry, lip balm).

shannon said...

duh, i can't even spell "gloss."

Lindsay said...

thanks for the tip! it's on my shopping list. i hope burt's bees is included in your lip balm best-of.

Cire said...

Shhhh... don't tell Susan that this is my secret to my perfect "man nails"! :)

Come to my blog and let me know what vanity license plate I should use!

shannon said...

we should give each other pedicures while we're doing potty training boot camp at marcy's house.

(i'm sure this is all okay with her).