Sunday, March 23, 2008

Best Guests Ever

After four fun-filled days with the Johnsons, they left tonight, headed for Flagstaff. They're getting a bit of a head start so they can stop at the Grand Canyon tomorrow. Shannon and I had lots of time to catch up on each other - okay, you don't need to catch up when you IM half of every day - but the conversation never lagged. I haven't forgotten how great it is to just hang out together and share mothering responsibilities. You know, like taking turns yelling at the kids to be nice to each other. Plus we had Aaron & Tom to help out too. I spent most days just hanging out with Shannon & the girls when we lived in Florida and that's what I miss most. Way more than the beach because despite how beautiful it is, there's all that pesky sand.

And I have to say - Shannon is the best guest ever! She baked treats, held the baby, cleaned my bathroom, vacuumed the floors, baked treats, washed the windows, and held down the fort while I baked treats. Pretty sure we both gained five pounds. So worth it!


4 comments:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Sounds like a fun visit. I'm lucky enough to have one of those friends as well.

And since you asked, yup, I believe that Jesus truly rose from the dead and that He is alive.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Sounds like you had a really fun visit. I'm lucky enough to have a friend like that as well.

And, since you asked, yup, I do believe Jesus rose from the dead and that He is alive. Do you mind if I ask if you also believe that?

Wishing I had some baked treats to finish off my lunch. Just jelly beans and chocolate around here.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oops, I didn't realize the first comment posted. I thought I was having technical issues. Sorry about that!

Marcy said...

Tara, Shannon is a great houseguest. When they lived here she did all that good stuff. Sometimes it's hard (for me) to dig into the work when it's not your house; she definitely is a model guest.