Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ultimate Blog Party

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

Hello all you bloggers out there! Welcome to the Ultimate Blog Party here at Tara Thinks. If you're coming here from 5 Minutes for Mom, welcome. If you're one of the people who read my blog regularly, check out the Ultimate Blog Party to find lots of cool new reads. You might even want to participate yourself (you can win great prizes too). I am excited at the prospect of finding new blogs, written by talented and interesting women. And I'm hoping that some people might find mine worth reading too.

I started blogging about a year ago at The Carpenter Clan - solely as a means of keeping a record of my family's comings and goings. My husband and I have been married for 6 1/2 years and have 3 sons, aged 3 1/2, almost 2, and 6 weeks. I posted a lot some months, less others, fell behind sometimes - but at the end of the year was happy with my efforts and had our family journal printed as a blog book (see this post).

But along the way I started connecting with other women and found that blogging can also be a fun networking tool for woman, especially SAHMoms who desparately need another adult to talk to during the day. I started Tara Thinks for myself - to blog about things that family members wouldn't necessarily be interested in and that I might not need to archive forever. I love to read, shop, cook, and work on my home - along with all the other things in my blog header!

Please take a look around my site and comment on this post or any other that might catch your interest. Leave your URL too - I would love to visit your blog if we have something in common. Also visit my Daily Delight feature by clicking on the button at the top of my sidebar. I started Daily Delight to remind myself of the things that bring me joy and that I think are beautiful, fun, or helpful. Thanks for visiting!

21 comments:

Heather said...

Nice to meet you! I love reading Musings of a Housewife and saw you at Chic Critique and now meeting you here! How cool! Have a great party and I'll be back!

Melanie said...

So nice to meet you!!! Great party!!! Feel free to stop by mine!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I had my blog printed through Blurb about a month or so ago. I can't remember now -- but I posted a big review of it. What a fabulous company! :)

Have a great party week!

Anonymous said...

I love your Daily Delight! You've given me something to think about or use myself or just to enjoy every time I visit. Keep it up!

Thanks for visiting my UBP post -- you sure practice good blog etiquette :).

Jay said...

Nice to meet you. Come stop by mine sometime. Party on!

Jennifer said...

hi!! Just blog hopping around, still partying!! I love your insights on Daily Delight!! Very nice idea:)

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just popping in from the UBP post...this sure is fun and I'm looking forward to making some new friends. I'll be back again to read some more later. I'm having a wee giveaway if you want to pop over to my blog.
Bye for now,Embejo.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Hey Tara, it's so nice to meet ya! I love the idea of a blog book, I will have to check that out!

Great party!

Melissa

Unknown said...

Cute blog!! You have to be so busy with your 3 boys. I have 2 children and they keep me (way too) busy enough! Have great fun at the parties and hope to see you around.

KarenW said...

I have 3 kids too, a boy and 2 girls. Nice to meet you.

Tari said...

Nice to meet you. I too am a stay at home mom. I have three beautiful children and would love for you to hop over and see me.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while surfing through the links at 5minutesformom. With 3 kids under 4, you must have your hands full! I have 3 kids also, ages 11,7, and 2 and a half. The older 2 are in school, so I just have my youngest here all day with me. I also go to school part time. Well, it's nice to meet you, stop by my blog, if you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Fun meeting you! Enjoy the party!!

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Name: Jenni said...

My hubby & I have been married almost 6 years and have 3 GIRLS ages 4, almost 3 and 6 months! Some days I wonder how anything gets done!

Cute blog design!

Anonymous said...

I just had to say hi to another Tara!

from Tara in VA
tforsburg (at) yahoo (dot) com

Little Piddles said...

Thanks for having me Tara. Have fun partying and if you get time stop by mine www.littlepiddles.blogspot.com

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hi there... nice to meet you... have a great day... party hearty... take care and don't be a stranger... from an Aussie in the US who loves photography and travelling...

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you Tara!

Brooke said...

Nice to meet you! I have 3 girls.

Bitsy (aka Elizabeth) said...

Thanks for the invite! I love your blog and enjoyed your links as well, will continue to read!!!
Joy, Bitsy