Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Martha Stewart Living

I have always loved Martha Stewart Living, the magazine, even though I'm not enamored with the woman herself. I though the February issue this year was marvelous! I want to try the Valentine's dinner menu when I get a better handle on handling three little boys and find a little more time to cook. I want to visit, if not live in this house in Maine, which was featured in an article about a lovely winter brunch, including recipes. I tried to find the images online, but it looks like the website only features the current issue and I waited too long. So I used my trusty camera to share a few things with you. I love the front door and wreath. The interior was gorgeous, but my favorite shot was of these dining room moldings!



I was also inspired by the article, Treasured Chests. There are beautiful photos and instructions for many variations of for your vanity or dresser. I love the sweet jewelry boxes below. They would look so much better than the old cardboard ones I use now. Even if they do have to remain hidden in the drawer to avoid little boy curiosity. I think I'll try my hand at a few of the projects to give as Christmas presents this year. That's thinking ahead a lot, but I probably won't have time until October or November anyway.


If you don't subscribe to Martha Stewart Living, it would be worth getting your hands on a copy of this issue, there's loads of great stuff! Sorry I posted this so late but I know you can order back issues. Or check out your local library.

1 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Yet another thing I miss about living near you -- being able to leaf through your magazines whenever I came over.

Are you taking requests on those Christmas presents? 'Cause I'd want to be sure to get my "order" in early!!