Sunday, August 3, 2008

For You Stephenie Meyer Fans Out There

I'm not saying I'm not a fan of Stephenie Meyer or the Twilight series. I'm just saying I didn't go to a 24-hour Walmart to pick up Breaking Dawn at the earliest possible second. I will probably put it on hold at the library in a few weeks and wait for the 176 people ahead of me to finish it first. I didn't jump on the Twilight bandwagon from the beginning, probably because it was so popular and I was rebelling. Plus, come on... vampires? But I have read all three and enjoyed them very much. And I will certainly get around to reading the 4th, and probably The Host sometime too.


But for you diehards - here's something I found on Goodreads. Stephenie is working on something called Midnight Sun, which is a companion book to Twilight and is from Edward's perspective. Sounds intriguing - read about it here at her website.


Plus, I totally have the Stephenie Meyer connection. She's from here in Phoenix, and a member of my church, and went to the same high school as my author sis-in-law (who is insanely jealous of Ms. Meyer's success). Plus she went to the same college as me. Plus, um, she's a mom. So we're practically blood-sisters.


Midnight Sun (Book 1 Companion)

4 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Love your new search box!

You can count me as another of the insanely jealous wanna-be writers!

Michele said...

It took some arm twisting for me to finally read the Twilight saga as well. I was also skeptical about the vampire thing. But I did enjoy it, although sometimes I want to slap Bella. Is that just me?

Candice said...

I love the connection you two have! It's almost like a Kevin Bacon type connection!

Susan said...

I love the Twilight books, but I didn't go to any midnight parties either :) I can honestly say that no book has made me excited enough to do that - I value my sleep too highly. Anyway, I ordered Breaking Dawn, and I have the rest of the Twilight series and The Host. If I ever get them moved and unpacked, you're welcome to borrow them!

BTW: EVERYONE in town has some connection to Stephenie, I've noticed. I know at least 2 people who are related to her, and bunches who think they are!