Monday, June 2, 2008

Book Review: The Book Thief

The Book Thief The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is the most well-written book I've read in a very long time. The characters and plot were good; it takes place during WWII Germany. Using personified Death as a narrator was interesting. But what hooked me from the first page and kept me in wonder was the use of words and language. The imagery knocked me off my feet and made me wish I could ever express myself as well or evoke emotion like that. I loved the metaphors and symbolism. Yet the language was simple and easy to read. A huge treat for any word lover and bibliophile.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I absolutely LOVE The Book Thief. Isn't it a gorgeous book?

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

It's not often that someone totally raves about a book for the language. Usually it's all about plot or themes or characters. But you've sold me!