Tuesday, June 10, 2008

WFMW: Coloring.com

Recently I have been finding coloring pages for the kids online and just printing them off as needed. Our printer uses really cheap ink cartridges so it doesn't cost us much and we can find some of the boys' lastest favorites, even if that changes daily.

One site we like is Coloring Book, it has tons of characters from cartoons, movies, etc. and 20-80ish pages per theme. I also signed up to get free samples from Dover Publishing. They make tons of books - coloring, crafts, educational, and even CDs of clip art and stuff. Every week they send me an e-mail with a link to about 20 free sample pages. I have been saving most of the jpegs and can print those off for coloring whenever the creative mood strikes us.

Our latest google search find is Coloring.com. They have a couple hundred pictures and you color them all online. You pick colors and then click on the picture, which fills in like using the paintbucket feature on Photoshop. The best part is you can save pictures, e-mail or print them, or embed them on your blog, website, etc. They give you the html code. Pretty fancy! I colored this monkey to represent Roland, Emmett helped me choose colors for the soccer boy, and Alden did the pirate ship all by himself. Then I finished off the planet scene.

This is what works for us lately. For more Works for Me Wednesday tips, check out Rocks in My Dryer.





6 comments:

ttelroc said...

I like to send coloring book pages to my niece - so I always appreciate fun new places to go to find them. Love the Dover Publishing idea!!

Have a Great Day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

Dover publishing - and those free samples - are fantastic. I have a website with over 200 pages to color also - and I'm open to requests since I am the artist :D Coloring is a great way to keep the kids (and adults) busy this summer

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Love your new white background!

This site looks great. My girls love to color, but I wonder if the paintbucket feature is as fulfilling as actual crayons. Cool that they let you have the html code!

Scribbit said...

I've found a few sites that offer paper cutouts which I've also enjoyed--I forget where I stuck their URLs though . . .

Anonymous said...

Thecolor.com is very similar to coloring.com. The main difference is that thecolor.com has more stuff to color and more colors to use.

Unknown said...

There are some other topics you can choose for your kids, such as coloring book Barbie Coloring, Superman Coloring, Doraemon, Alice Coloring, Naruto,…