Monday, September 22, 2008

Cookies For Nie Nie

Today is the cookie auction for Nie Nie, put together by Miss Landra Lynn at XO, Miss L2. And you should totally go there now to bid on my fabulous cookies! Go now.

What? You want proof? You want to know why you should bid? I'm here today to pimp out my offerings and drive the bidding up as high as possible.


My Background:
I come from a long line of super-bakers. Seriously. We've got experience. Too bad that's all on my mother's side and my genes came from my father's side. But really my few extra pounds should be further proof to you of my baking expertise. I have taste-tested all these recipes more times than I would care to admit. And they are stinkin' good! For reals.


The Offerings:


Two Batches of Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies (Martha Stewart recipe)

Martha has never let me down yet with a recipe and this is one of my very favorites. If you love spicy gingerbread (the soft kind) and chocolate - these cookies will be your best friend. They are like little clouds of sugar coated heaven. They always remind me of fall and the holiday season.



Two Batches of Peanut Blossoms

My husband's aunt, Bev, makes the most fabulous peanut blossom cookies, which are those super soft peanut butter cookies with the Hershey's kiss on top. She brings these to every family gathering and they get eaten up lickety-split. So I told her about Nie Nie and asked her to bake a couple dozen. And being the sweet lady that she is - she agreed. I do have the recipe for these, but haven't made them much myself since Aunt Bev's are so delicious and we have a lot of family gatherings. :) You will love these! Please bid.



A Batch of Date Bars

I heart date bars and even wrote about how I was craving them right about my baby was born when I posted the recipe here. I will make a pan of them and send you a dozen big ones. These date bars have an oatmeal crust and topping and include lots of real butter and sugar. They may not make your scale or dentist happy - but they are so delicious and will make your tummy moan in happiness.



The sale starts at 8am AZ time so if you're reading this early, get set to bid. If you're reading this later, you better get your hungry little self over to Landra's blog to check out all the goodies. My cookies are so obviously the best thing there, but I'm sure the other cookies will be great as well so bid on anything that looks good to you. And pass the word along to your best cookie-monster friends. Thanks! And don't forget, all proceeds for the cookie sales go to Stephanie and Christian Nielson. Whom I wrote about here, in case you haven't heard of them. And whom I recently found out live less than a mile from me. Small world.

1 comments:

Robyn said...

Good lick with your sale Tara! I'm participating too!