Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 14: Copycat... OR... New Hairstyle

Today the prompt for the 21 Day Challenge is to recreate a favorite outfit from a magazine or blog. But since the prompts just came yesterday I haven't really had time to figure out what I want to do, so I'm switching it up a bit. The prompt for tomorrow is to try something new with your hair so I did that today instead.
Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin, Colors May Vary


Earlier this year I saw a few magazine ads for a fancy new bobby pin type deal from Goody. It's the Spin Pin and it has pretty much saved me during this hot, hot `summer. I have always admired pretty updo's and buns but since I have zero hairstyling ability I have never been able to do that myself. The Spin Pin corkscrews into your hairdo and does the work that ten regular bobby pins do. All of a sudden I can wear an elegant bun everyday! Or you know, my lopsided version of an elegant bun. I've done side buns, low buns, and high buns. But that's kind of the extent of my knowledge. But today I decided to try a french twist. So I worked on it for 30 minutes and came up with this:




It's not pretty and it's not what I imagined, but technically it is a french twist. And at least my Spin Pins held it in place for three hours of church. Now, I just need to get my sister to teach me how to do a french twist for real. And just in case my four readers might go into withdrawals if they don't see my outfit for today... here it is. And despite what it looks like I'm not pregnant. Just well-rounded. :)



Top: Gap
Skirt: Dillards
Heels: Last Chance
Earrings: Dillards

5 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

I am not able to do up-dos either. I will have to try this. And if you can get Tami to teach you, call me over first!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I keep wanting to go out and buy those! Hearing that they hold hair so well makes me want to try!

Chris said...

This looks great! If I had long hair, I'd be happy to do it as well as you have here. And your outfit is very pretty too. I love the blue top with your coloring.

Kayla Moncur said...

I've been meaning to get myself some spin pins. I've heard they're amazing

I like your french twist!

Kayla
Freckles in April

Amy said...

Looks like spin pins are the key here. Well done!