Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 16: Menswear


Shirt: Old Navy
Tie: Rountree & York
Shorts: Gap
Loafers: Bass

The prompt for today was to take inspiration from menswear. I have seen women wearing mens' ties before and I really like the look. I mean, how much different is it than a scarf? So today I donned my husband's tie over a pink oxford. Shorts keep me a little cooler & I threw on my loafers, which are also menswear inspired. I have already received quite a few funny looks today for my tie, and one joke about how I didn't need to dress up, and it will be interesting to see the responses I get at my women's church meeting tonight. But I like it anyway. I think I'll revisit a tie when it's cooler and I can layer it under a sweater or vest.


1 comments:

Chris said...

I think you look great! I agree about the ties - I like them on women too. I definitely think I'll try one when it's cooler as well under a vest or sweater. Great idea!!