Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 3: Mixing Patterns


Day 3 of the 21 Day Challenge: Mix Patterns

I always like the look of mixing patterns, but have a hard time doing it for two reasons. 1- I'm a little scared. 2- I don't have many patterned pieces of clothing. I lean strongly toward solids, although that's a habit I'm trying to break. Today I'm mixing a maxi skirt from Forever 21 with a white tee and a blue striped, lace-edged overshirt/cardigan thing from Gap. It's not super gutsy mixing, but it's a start. Yesterday's outfit mixed a blue/white stripe with a floral pattern too. Hopefully I can come up with a bolder mix before these 3 weeks are up.

6 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

I love that outfit. You look great!

Rebecca Irvine said...

I fear the pattern mixing thing myself. But you look good here and I am thinking maybe I should be bolder myself.

Susan said...

Can you believe I've never shopped at Forever 21? You've raved so much about it - I think I need to go. That skirt's way cute!

tarable said...

Susan, you must be thinking of someone else because this skirt is the only item of clothing I've ever bought there. In fact, it's probably the only item of clothing that would fit me there - only because of the elastic waist. I have bought a couple of cheap jewelry pieces there though - I think it's a fun store for accessories.

readwatchrelax said...

the muted cardigan works well with the colors of the skirt. I don't do mixing well either, i paired stripes with a patterned hoodie...oooo..lol! But having a lot of fun already!!

Susan said...

There's a distinct possibility that the heat is melting my brain and I'm thinking of someone else's passion for Forever 21 ... and yeah, the reason I've never been in there is because I assume you have to have the body of a 13-year-old to shop there! The skirt really is cute, though.