Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Myxer Tones for my New Purple Phone


I love my new phone. It is purple and totally cool and beautiful. It takes great pictures and videos and even has an external memory card slot. The problem I've had with Motorola phones is that they come with the worst ring tones! The choices range from utterly boring to completely inane. So I turned to the trusty internet and found Myxer, a site for free ring tones. They also have wallpaper and videos, but I'm not really into that stuff. My new phone has a music player, but I'm not really into that either - who has the time to listen to music on their phone? Not the mother of three young boys, that's for sure. Although I heard that Verizon has teamed up with Rhapsody, of which I am a member, so I might have to check that out.

This site had everything I searched for, even American Idol songs and the new Coldplay song that is supposedly an iTune exclusive. Myxer seems to be peer-to-peer sharing, like the old Napster, so I worry a bit about the legalities, but not enough to skip using the site. Let's assume they pay royalties for everything. Once you find a song you like, you can do quite a bit of editing, including choosing what part of the song you want to use and how many seconds. The only problem I had was in downloading the ringtones I chose. Apparently Verizon does not support the delivery of ringtones. They want you to buy songs for $1.99 from them. But Myxer did give me a way to work around it, including downloading to my computer and then e-mailing an attachment to my phone. Tricky, but it certainly Works For Me!

Check out Rocks in My Dryer for other Works For Me Wednesday tips.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Great tip! I've always wanted to have a different song for each of my regular callers. Perhaps now I can!

Niki Jolene said...

It seems like a cool site but when I am downloading the ringtones they wont open on my phone.....ah well.

J.C. Hutchins said...

Tarable, you ROCK! Thanks so much for trying out our service, and for spreading the word about Myxer.com. We're thrilled you're digging the empowerment, and are filling that new phone with killer ringtones. :)

Take care, thanks again -- and if you ever need anything, re: Myxer, don't hesitate to drop a line!

--J.C. Hutchins
Social Media Marketing Manager, Myxer.com
jc.hutchins@myxer.com

The Momster said...

What a totally cool idea! I'm on my way over there right now....

Audra Krell said...

I've never heard of myxer, thanks for the great tip. The very best part is that it's free. Enjoy your purple phone!

Sarah W. said...

So, I am totally obsessed. I never have good ringtones, and now I do. YAY!!!!!

Candice said...

I'm so glad you put this website on your blog, I've been wondering about a good site for ringtones. THanks!
Now here's my challenge to you: find a good site to download music for free. THat's what I've been looking for.