Monday, October 6, 2008

Neutrogena Fab & Flub

I've been a fan of Neutrogena since adolescence. Their translucent bars of face soap were my first skin care product. I've tried a lot of things since then, from many different product lines, but I recently picked up a bottle of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer while I was at Walmart (in the make-up section).


I am constantly on the look-out for tinted moisturizers. I just finished off some mineral make-up and feel like I'm ready to come back to the world of liquid foundation. Except I just want something light and would love to consolidate one step in my daily routine. The bottle of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer that I chose has the following on the front: 3 Daily Essentials in 1. 1- Retinol treatment 2- SPF 20 moisturizer 3- Sheer tint.


And they aren't lying! I love this stuff. I put it on with a sponge just like liquid foundation. It might be a bit thick to use a brush with, but maybe not. The bottle has a little pump which makes for easy application. But I seriously don't have to use moisturizer first. And I always use moisturizer. This keeps my skin from drying out, is light and non-greasy, protects me from the sun, and evens out my skin tone amazingly well. I feel like it just makes me look so much prettier, and that's before I put on any other make-up. The retinol should be good for longer term benefits, although I'm not sure I've really noticed that. Maybe it's because my normal moisturizer (sitting lonely in the drawer) has retinol too, so I'm getting the same effect. This bottle was just over $10 and the 1 oz. looks like it will last me about four months. I'm half-way through now and am thrilled that for around $30-35 a year I can take care of moisturizer & foundation.


About a month after my fab find at Walmart, I was at my local grocery store, browsing the make-up section, and found another Neutrogena project on super clearance. I bought Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with spf 30 and a light tint. And I hate it. It makes me feel all greasy and the color doesn't match my face at all. It only comes in untinted or light tint. But hey, it only cost me like $4. Anybody want to buy some cheap tinted moisturizer, slightly used.

2 comments:

Rasmussen Family said...

I guess there was a reason it was on clearance :)

Tiffany Feger said...

ok, I'll buy it (the 1st one). I use moisturizer tons and put everything else on in the car. Mineral make up would be cool to try, but too messy for the car I bet. (I already have a spot of liquid foundation on my capri shorts. It's in that double picture of Isaac eating and looking up at me. on my blog). Cutting out the foundation part would be beautiful. What's your address? I emailed you, so check your other email:)