Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me, Part 1

Just another reminder to everyone that my birthday is this week, on October 16th. And to kick off the celebrations, I took the boys on a little shopping trip last week. We hit Walmart for baby formula, soccer socks, and some awesome Halloween underwear for the boys. Then to Bath & Body Works for the first of my birthday presents to myself. Okay, sorry, let's start this post right...


Hi, I'm Tara. I'm addicted to shopping. And yes, my husband hates it. He hasn't taken away my credit cards yet, but probably only because a big spending spree for me consists of buying baby formula and soccer socks. And okay, I spent about $30 at Bath & Body Works. I went in for some great-smelling fall soap. I needed to exchange my summery pink grapefruit for some apple or pumpkin. And I came out with the following:
I fell in love with both of these little bags, placed smartly near the registers. On the left is a mellatic leather make-up bag (I totally needed a new one). I chose metallic pink, on sale from $8 to $6. On the right is the Pretty to Party Clutch, in gold & silver. I have no idea when I will use it, but it was marked down from $20 to $5 and it is seriously so beautiful, I couldn't resist.


You should try the C.O. Bigelow® Vitamin Mentha Tinted Lip Balm in Baby Pink Mint. I love their minty lip gloss, but will choose a balm over a gloss EVERY time. I love this stuff already, despite the shade being not quite right for me. It even tastes yummy. And was on sale for $5. The cute pumpkin soap was chosen by my four year old, after he remembered that we bought some for his cousins last year. And since it's getting close to Halloween it was only $5. Oh yeah, I bought regular soap too. Except they don't have apple.




Bath and Body Works has a new line, Shea Cashmere. I tried the hand cream and it is oh so marvelous. Cashmere indeed. I didn't love the scent, but it was nice, and fairly mild. But I do love the lightweight cashmere robe. I've added it to my Christmas wish list (on Kaboodle).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the second blog I read today that had a rave review for that Shea Cashmere lotion at B&B Works. Now I have to try it...sounds like heaven!

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Gotta find my closest BBW -- prob. 30+ min away.

So, what I want is a short-sleeved, mid-calf robe. Why do I never find that?

Also, if I wish you happy birthday early (HAPPY BIRTHDAY!), does that make up for the present being late?

Anonymous said...

Wow, seems like a big week for birthdays in the blogosphere.

That lip balm looks awesome. I haven't been to B&BW in years...

Anonymous said...

I think I have finally met my match. I JUST recently wrote a post about my "addiction" to shopping. I don't like admitting it though, but it's true... It was comforting to read this, because now I know I'm not terribly alone! ;]