Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me, Part 3

Are you getting tired of this theme yet? Not me. Presents every day! My sweet hubby was home on Monday and Tuesday this week. Monday afternoon we took all our boys to Target to check out a BIG gift for me.


Remember when I talked about doing one hundred push ups? And I mentioned that I planned to start riding bikes to drop my oldest at preschool. It's been kind of hard without a bike, although we've walked a few times. At Target we bought me this:





It came all assembled, we just took it off the rack and wheeled it out the door, after giving it a few spins around the aisles. I took it for a test ride that night and was thrilled with feeling the wind on my face, because I'm so fast. I'm pretty sure I can only ride half a mile, but I'll get better. Of course, we had to get me a new purple helmet and fancy bike pump too.


This morning we hooked up the bike trailer, tossed the pajama-clad boys in, wearing their helmets, and took off to preschool. We moved along at a snail's pace, constantly urging my four year old to ride a little faster on his ironically named Rocket bike, complete with training wheels. We finally made it, and I was able to pick up a little speed as I took a quick tour around the neighborhood. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to walk again in a few days. Just in time for more birthday presents.



Bike riding with my boys Works For Me! It will be a way to enjoy the outdoors, spend time together as a family, and hopefully help me get in better shape (& even more hopefully that will translate to losing weight). For other Works For Me Wednesday tips, check out Rocks in My Dryer.

Today is the last day to enter my Halloween decoration giveaway.

5 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Love Emmett's cheese face. And Roland is so big!! When did that happen???

Anonymous said...

Great Bike! I love to ride my bike....we have a great place in our town to ride. Keep up the good work.

I love your blog. Nice Job!

I would love for you to come and visit me and see the benefits of using an MP3 player for storytime for children.

See you there!

Robin@heartofwisdom.com
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/

Marcy said...

Urging a child along on a bike is on my new list of things that I would rather never do, along with going to the dentist. Oh, it's painful. How can I stroller walk to the park take soooooo long?

Marcy said...

Oh, and congrats on the bike!!! I think it's awesome.

Unknown said...

I love your bike! How exciting. And those boys...well, they are TOO cute for words!