Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me, Part 2

It seems like every time I see something I like in a fashion mag lately, it's by Michael Kors. I love watching him on Project Runway and usually agree with his comments. But his designs are generally a little rich for my blood. Well, not anymore.


My sweet mother-in-law gave me a gift certificate to Dillards for my birthday. And she gave it to me early so I could get myself something new & cute to wear for my various birthday dates. I recently bought a blouse from Kohl's that I really like. I am excited to have something nice to wear to church, but somehow all my skirts seem to have shrunk over the years. It's a real phenomenom people! So a nice pencil skirt was #1 on my list. Although I dreamed of what I might be able to get in the shoe or bag department.


I browsed through the women's department and was naturally drawn to the section of Michael by Michael Kors clothing. There was a sale rack! I tried on five or six pieces, found some great jeans, and ultimately came home with a wonderful charcoal gray pencil skirt. It looks like a nice wool, but is actually some kind of knit, with some great stretch to it. It's a thick fabric, perfect for winter & fall, fully lined, hits just below the knee, has a higher waist with a thick, curved waistband, and will look fabulous with the tights I intend to wear all winter. If I were paying for it all on my own, I would have balked at the price, but I just pretended the gift card part was a reduction in price and happily pluked down $11.52 for my skirt. I love it. I wore it with my new blouse on Sunday, and meant to have my husband take a picture of my outfit, but forgot. And I can't find a picture of it online. But imagine something like this:


The blouse is the actual one I bought & I'm pretty sure this skirt is the same as mine, except in black. And I read that gray is the new black this year.

Thanks again to CJ for sponsoring this shopping trip!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

How fun! I love that skirt. Happy happy birthday!

Megan said...

Very classy! Love that blouse color! :) (I blurk...)