Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Pretend Sponsor is Giving Away $5000

I love Home Depot. I shop there. I write about it. I link to them. I like to pretend they are a sponsor of The Well-Rounded Woman, especially since they have a set of free clinics for women called Do It Herself, and I have a (supposedly) weekly feature called Do It Herself. Home Depot always has good stuff, including a video contest where you can win $5000. Here's the shtick:


The Home Depot wants to know how people are saving energy in their home in its “Save Money. Save Energy. Win Big.” video contest. Just shoot a short video to show how you're saving money and helping the environment by making your home more energy efficient.

Anyone can log on to www.homedepot.com/youtube to enter their video between now and Nov. 9, 2008. The contest winner will receive a $5,000 Home Depot gift card and up to $2,000 for installed insulation or radiant barrier products from The Home Depot.


I'm going to enter a video of me screaming, "Shut the door!" at my kids 57 times a day. But if you think you can beat that, you should enter. The prize money can only be spent on energy efficient products, but there a lot of great things under that umbrella. Top on my list, a digital thermostat, new windows & doors, and new appliances - all energy saving, of course.


1 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

So, on Bridges of Madison County (which was the saddest movie ever, btw), I thought it was so hilarious/devastating that she hated how her husband and kids slammed the door, and then the love interest came, and he never slammed the door. So symbolic of so many things!