Sunday, November 30, 2008

Help - My Holidays are being ruined by indecision

Thank goodness it is the last day of November. Did anyone notice I posted every stinkin' day this month? It was part of National Blog Posting Month, NaBloPoMo. I'm not sure what made me think I should sign up. Okay, I do. It was Jane. But once I had committed I had to finish. I apologize for all the sub-standard content, even worse than my usual. But there were prizes involved and I'm really hoping to win something fun. Chances are really good I will be taking it slow during December.


For today - I need some help! I have been working on Christmas cards. I found some on Etsy that were super cute, and then I shamelessly copied them. But if you have more morals and money than me, you should buy these from Lisa Rupp Design. They're not even very expensive.


So, it's gonna be a postcard & I have two versions for you to choose from: the one with square pictures of each family member, or the one with floating heads. My husband and Jane are voting for the square pictures, but every time I look at the floating heads version, I like it. I like more white space, it looks cleaner. Although I look much better in the square pictures. What do you think?



____________________________________________






Then there is the written part. I meant to write a short family letter, but when I made up the rough draft to show my husband, I wrote a quick, silly letter just so he would get the idea. And then everyone liked it. Including me. And I'm kinda too lazy to write a real one now. What would you think if you got a card like this?


15 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

I love the crossword puzzle idea--very cute. And I prefer the one with the square head shots. To be honest, I am not as fond of the postcard idea, but I don't think I would have thought much about it if I had received it in the mail. I think the reason I am not so fond of it is because I like to add a hand-written note that individualizes the form letter to whomever it is being sent. There doesn't seem to be room to do this on the postcard.

mkt said...

I have to say I like the square shots better... and I love the letter on the back! Probably because I usually hate Christmas letters where people share WAY too much information or get carried away with the bragging. I'm still trying to decide if we'll even do Christmas cards this year (that's like 1/4 of my whole budget) I'm thinking we'll wait and send out St. Patty's day cards or something.

Megan said...

Squares for me! :)

Jennifer said...

I love the postcard! It is definitely cool. I think the squares....

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

YES (arm pump!). Square's it'll be, then, right? I mean, this is a democracy, right? Hello?

Anonymous said...

very cool. i love the floating heads myself.

The Giffords said...

that's a great card. I love the letter and the crossword puzzle idea. I may have to steal it next year.

Robyn said...

Cute card. The squares have it. Very creative idea!

Rasmussen Family said...

great card. Love the squares :) Impressive that you are done with your cards!!!

Lacey said...

What a cute idea. I like the squares.

Kimbooly said...

Either one looks good. I blog-hopped from What About Mom. And I am going to shamelessly use this idea. I LOVE IT! So much, that I'm pretty much going to use your card, too. I love it! Luckily, I don't know you, and we probably don't know any of the same people, so I think you'll be ok if I steal your idea.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love love love the letter part of your card. You are so clever!!! I really can't decide between floating heads and squares.

Mama B said...

Great idea, and I love the letter!
(P.S. I like the squares better)

Melanie said...

I like the heads but just because it is different and kind of zany.Very cute either way though.

Cire said...

Am I too late? The square ones get my vote.