Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday night at my house

Aaron & I are spending our Saturday night watching a DVD of the first season of Gilmore Girls - because it's awesome. This is after he made me a fabulous dinner & some delicious popcorn. And after I read in a magazine that John McCain has a 49-year-old son & Aaron tried to tell me that old John is 82 & would have been the oldest starting president ever. I'm pretty much out of it politically, but I was sooooo not buying the 82 thing, and thanks to my friend the internet I was able to prove that he is actually 72.

Anyway, we're watching Gilmore Girls and they just had one of the funniest lines in tv history. Rory got her first kiss and she was telling her friend, Lane, about it. Lane's mother, Mrs. Kim, caught the end of the conversation and, horrified, asked, "who kissed you?" And Lane says, "The Lord kissed her, Mama." Seriously, it was so funny and I laughed hysterically for like five minutes and then broke out the laptop to tell all my blogging friends about it. I know, it sounds pretty lame here, but you will love it. You should go watch it. Season 1, episode 7 - Kiss and Tell.

The end.

3 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

I love old tv shows. Haven't watched Gilmore girls, but maybe I'll give it a try. Of course, would be nice if the reruns were on some channel I now get with my super-cool dvr thingie.

(and look at you getting all political-savvy!!)

Rebecca Irvine said...

I love, love, love Gilmore Girls and am still mourning the loss of a season 8. I also still read some of the websites maintained for the show. Hopefully a TV movie or something will be made eventually. Amy Sherman Palladino needs to wrap it all up instead of leaving it like it ended after season 7.

randi said...

Gilmore Girls is really funny and full of great one liners! Haven't seen it for a while, though, maybe I should get some DVDs again!