Tuesday, November 4, 2008

May the Force Be With You

This week at Rocks in My Dryer, everyone is linking up to Works For Me Wednesday with their favorite kids toys - Toys Worth Buying. We have a few around here, but a recent favorite is the Star Wars Galactic Heroes line by Hasbro. These are action figures & playsets designed for little boy hands, aged 3-5, but also good for 2 year olds who aren't prone to putting stuff in their mouths. There are usually a few moving parts, and even those are made to snap back together if they get broken. They are made from either a soft plastic, or a hard rubber - I don't know these things, even though I have a chemistry degree. Regardless, they are rigid, but have a little give to them. Which is helpful when they're getting bounced off the 2 year old's head.


Last year we got my son a two-pack of figures, Darth Vader & Obi Wan, and they are still around. Although our puppy chewed Darth Vader's arm off. The two-packs are around $5 and can be found at Target, Walmart, Kmart, Amazon, Toys R Us, etc.
For his birthday this year we got him the X-wing Fighter, which comes with Princess Leia, R2D2, Luke Skywalker, and Biggs Darklighter. The wings move and you can put a figure in the cockpit. The cockpit cover comes off, but snaps back on easily without breaking pieces. It's made to breakaway, rather than just break.






We love these toys and will look for more in the future. Thanks, Hasbro.

10 comments:

Audra Krell said...

Very cool! Our family loves Star Wars, this will be great for my nephews. Thanks for the pics too!

Totallyscrappy said...

We do love Star Wars and these were a very popular birthday gift for one of our boys. And all three of the boys play with them.

Alicia said...

My nearly eight year old is still in love with these and adding to his collection.

Raise Them Up said...

Star Wars definitely is a hit with boys! These look fun for little ones. For those with older boys, don't forget that Legos puts out many Star Wars Sets in all size and price ranges. Some of the smaller sets are my boys favorites because they are so portable. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Star Wars is very big at my house, too. With my husband. :)

MediMonsters said...

My little boy is just getting into Star Wars stuff. May have to check those out!! TFS

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

My son loves Star Wars! :D I'll have to check this out.

Lisa said...

Truly a classic!

AmyK said...

If we had boys around here (other than hubby) we'd definitely have Star Wars toys. Wait... we do have Star Wars toys.. for hubby! lol.

berrypatch said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm the mom to three Star Wars loving boys (not counting hubby). I have a feeling these will be going on the Christmas lists this year. ;-)